Recorded on: June 24, 2021
Over the past year, Covid-19, the murder of George Floyd, and the Black Lives Matter protests compelled awareness of institutional racial disparities in this country. Nonprofits have committed to Justice, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (JDEI) work.
However, with the goal of racial justice, organizations need to move beyond JDEI work toward solutions that address institutional and structural racism. This webinar covers the following:
- Understanding Structural Racism. How do we analyze problems holistically to identify root causes?
- Challenging Structural Racism. What questions should we ask to strategically address structural racism?
- Developing Solutions. How can nonprofits advance viable solutions?
Join us as we discuss shifting the focus towards institutional and structural racism to come up with long-lasting racially equitable solutions in our organizations.
Presented by Nikko Viquiera, Training Strategy Director with Race Forward. For over 40 years, Race Forward has brought systemic analysis and an innovative approach to complex race issues to help people take action toward racial equity. Take advantage of this free presentation to learn more about Race Forward’s program and how it can help nonprofits like yours affect real change.
Closed captioning for the hearing-impaired and Spanish-speaking attendees is now available. Streamtext links will be available in your registration confirmation. This is your opportunity to ask questions and get answers about how to advance racial equity in your nonprofit organization.
2 handouts were also included with this presentation:
- Building Racial Equity: Foundations Toolkit – contains information, guides and worksheets related to Race Forward’s Building Equity Training. It also has a glossary of terms that will be used in the presentation
- Description of RF Training Work 2021 – includes training components, a sample agenda, and contact information.
This webinar was made possible by Nonprofits Insurance Alliance (NIA). As a nonprofit insurer, NIA is exclusively focused on 501(c)(3) nonprofits. For 30+ years NIA has offered property and liability insurance tailored to the needs of nonprofits. To learn more and get a quote, visit insurancefornonprofits.org.
NIA’s sponsorship of this webinar allows us to continue to create free content for nonprofit leaders.
English to Spanish transcript translation can be accessed here.