"There are too many nonprofits!" Who hasn’t heard this recently? In this special issue of Blue Avocado, we bring you multiple points of view on this longstanding controversy: two thoughtful views saying there are too many, and one saying there aren’t enough. (To the left: too many paragliders at this competition?) See what you think about whatÂ our opinionated writers have to say. And chime in with your own comments.
Also in this issue is another recession-related topic: loans from board members to their nonprofit organizations: six types of loans and how to do each right. Updating our previous article on health insurance for laid-off nonprofit folk is a short piece on the new COBRA rules. And ofÂ course, our signature Take a 3-Minute Vacation Right Now.
See other Blue Avocado articles related to the "Too Many Nonprofits" question:
- And Now for Something Different About Nonprofits & the Economy
- Nonprofit Furloughs and Layoffs: Do Them Right
- Thinking the Unthinkable: Maybe We Should Shut Down
- Closing Down the Right Way
- The M Word: A Board Member’s Guide to Nonprofit Mergers
- Nonprofit Budgets Have to Balance: False!
Have a look at our newly re-organized Resource Directory (great stuff there) and enjoy the spring weather, too. — Jan Masaoka