It’s just too hot to work. Post-World Cup letdown. Kagan hearings induced coma. BP oil spill anger fatigue. Iced lattes too expensive. I could use a cool, easy Blue Avocado.
Summer reading this issue:
- Can Employees Smoke Medical Marijuana at Work? (a friend of mine wants to know)
- Nonprofit Conflict of Interest (a purely hypothetical question)
- Married Co-Executive Directors (gotta be nuts)
- Nonprofit Word Search Fun (when crosswords and sudoku are too hard)
- Blue Avocado donors to thank (or become one)
And a thanks to all the folks who write us encouraging notes like this one from Denise Schemenauer of the Girl Scouts of Manitou: "I just wanted to express how much I value the Blue Avocado. It is the best not-for-profit issues periodical (web or print) that I receive. I often forward articles to my board members and advocate that they subscribe themselves. I also have used several of your articles as the discussion topics for the opener at our staff meetings. There is no better, clearer, well-written, ‘tell it like it is’ nonprofit periodical that I have found. Great job." Thank you, Denise! — Jan Masaoka