We’ve been trying to figure out when Avocado Month is. Turns out that June is Avocado Month in the U.S.; July is Avocado Month in the U.K., and August is Avocado Month in Canada. So just make some guacamole?
Blue Avocado donors: please be patient just a little while longer. A heartfelt hank you.
Come meet Blue Avocado writers:
- Ellen Aldridge, “Employer Regulation of Employee Use of Social Media and other Electronic Communication,” California Alliance of Child & Family Services, Napa, California, Fri Feb 18
- Jan Masaoka on boards, Centre on Philanthropy, Bermuda, Sat Feb 26
- Jan Masaoka, keynote, Center for Nonprofit Excellence, Colorado Springs, Fri Mar 4
- Steve Zimmerman on Nonprofit Sustainability, a webinar through the National Council of Nonprofits, Thurs March 10, 2011, 3 pm EST
- Steve Zimmerman on Nonprofit Sustainability at the Association for Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Annual Conference, Chicago, Monday, March 21
- Jan Masaoka, keynote, South Carolina Association of Nonprofit Organizations, Myrtle Beach, Mon March 28
For an upcoming article, what are your experiences with casino giving? We’re interested in hearing from you if you’ve gotten (or failed to get) donations from big casinos (like Harrah’s), from independent casinos, from riverboat casinos, or from Indian gaming. We’d especially love to hear from you if you work in charitable giving for such an organization. Please click here and include your contact info so our writer Rick Cohen can contact you.